Back to top
The bachelor BScSS:
- LO1: has an active knowledge of the most important theories, currents and concepts prevailing in the domain of the social sciences.
- LO2: is familiar with the historical developments that have occurred in the fields of sociology, political sciences and communication sciences over time.
- LO3: recognises the cross-sections, the intersections and the cross-fertilisations that are noticeable amongst the different social sciences.
- LO4: is able to apply social theories and concepts on a well-delineated, socially and scientifically relevant research topic that relates to the European Union or other (international) institutions.
- LO5: knows the historical, political, juridical and socio-economic structures that shape the activities and define the agency of the European political institutions, private and public social organisations and media-organisations.
- LO6: can formulate a valid scientific research question on a topic that relates to the social sciences.
- LO7: can identify, gather and critically process the relevant sources and literature on a specific social sciences research topic.
- LO8: knows how to set up a scientific and methodologically correct research design.
- LO9: possesses the methodological knowledge and skills of data selection and data processing that prevail within the domains of the social sciences.
- LO10: masters the techniques of good and accurate research reporting in oral and written form.
- LO11: has an investigative, problem-oriented and critical attitude towards social, political and media-related phenomena and scientific research results with regard thereof.
- LO12: recognises the multilayered and complex character of social, political and media- related facts and phenomena.
- LO13: reflects and evaluates his or her learning process and results critically.
- LR14: acts in a professional and responsible manner.
- LO15: is able to perform teamwork, he or she possesses good communicative skills and is solution-oriented.
- LO16: prioritises scientific integrity and honesty in his or her scientific research activities.
- LO17: approaches dominant tendencies within the social and the policy domain in a critical manner.
- LO18: has awareness of the social role and function of social scientists.
- LO19: has knowledge of and insight into the main institutions, actors and processes of decision-making and policy-making of the European Union.
Back to top
In the context of this programme, the following academic plans are offered:
Back to top